In Transitions at Glendale Adventist Medical Center, participants age 55+ will have the opportunity to process their feelings about aging and changes going on around them, including:
- Changes in primary residence
- Increases in health-related stress
- Death of family and friends
Inevitably, these changes can cause symptoms of depression and anxiety. The Transitions program provides a support network of other people who are dealing with similar issues.
To determine if this program is right for you, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you currently dealing with a major life change, such as retirement, moving from your primary residence into a retirement community, the death of a family member or friend or the loss of independence in your life?
- Is the stress of dealing with these changes affecting your mood or causing you to feel anxious?
- Are the symptoms of depression and anxiety so intense that you are no longer able to function?
- Have the symptoms persisted despite treatment an individual therapist and/or psychiatrist?
If you feel the above situation describes you, call (818) 409-8347 to speak one of our trained mental health professionals.
Glendale Adventist Medical Center also offers the Live Well Senior Program.