At Glendale Adventist Medical Center, speech-language pathologists provide services to adults who have difficulties with speech, language, voice, cognition and swallowing due to a neurological disorder or injury.
Comprehensive evaluations and treatments are provided in:
- Receptive and expressive language
- Speech production
- Cognition (attention, memory, problem solving and executive functioning)
- Reading comprehension
- Written language
- Swallowing (including video fluoroscopic swallow studies)
- Vocal quality
Other advanced services include:
- VitalStim® therapy for swallowing disorders
- Lee Silverman Voice Treament® LOUD (LSVT) therapy for Parkinson's disease
After an initial evaulation to determine the type and severity of impairment, the speech-language pathologist will design a specific program to address each patient's individual needs.
The Speech Therapy Outpatient Department is located on the main floor of the GAMC Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation building.
Is this your first visit? Save time and download paperwork to fill out before your evaluation.
For more information, call (818) 409-8071 or fax to (818) 546-5609.