Where Life, Love and Hope Connect
The Dr. Norick Bogossian Cancer Care Guild, affiliated with the Healthcare Foundation at Glendale Adventist Medical Center, was established in May 2011 to benefit and expand the services at GAMC's award-winning Cancer Center. The Guild was named in memory of the late Dr. Norick Bogossian, a renowned plastic surgeon who specialized in cancer-related reconstructive surgery.
The Cancer Guild raises funds for the Cancer Center at GAMC, which provides free support services to anyone with a diagnosis of cancer. Services include:
The Cancer Guild raises funds through a variety of events throughout the year, including fundraisers such as:
- The comedy show "Laugh for A Cause," a sold-out event at the Star Theatre that featured prominent comedians
- Presentation of the "Courage" Award. The 2012 award was presented to Julie Burroughs Shermer in recognition of her courageous battle against cancer
- Army of Pink Campaign kickoff, which raises cancer awareness throughout the community during Breast Cancer Awareness Month (October)
Our phenomenal group of volunteers includes caring and compassionate individuals who truly go above and beyond to make all of our events successful. The free support services provided by our award-winning Cancer Center are made possible through the support of generous donors and the teamwork of our dedicated volunteers. We are looking forward to many more years of service and successful events. We also encourage the support of the community and anyone who would like to join us in our worthy endeavors!
- Ramella Markarian, President
- Tina Parseghian, Vice President
- Donna Wammack, Treasurer
- Christeil Gota, Secretary
- Hilda Bogossian, Manager of Auxiliary Relations
To learn more about how you can become a part of the Dr. Norick Bogossian Cancer Care Guild, call the GAMC Healthcare Foundation at (818) 409-8055 or visit our Facebook page.