The Audiology staff at Glendale Adventist Medical Center provides hearing health care and advanced audiological testing services on an inpatient and outpatient basis. State-of-the-art equipment and procedures are used to test pediatric through geriatric patients.
All GAMC audiologists hold advanced degrees, are licensed by the State of California and are credentialed by the American Speech and Hearing Association (ASHA).
Services are covered by most health insurance and worker's compensation plans, including Medicare and California Children's Services.
Services provided include:
- Complete diagnostic audiological evaluation
- Audiometric testing to monitor for ototoxicity
- Specialized pediatric audiological testing (including difficult-to-test populations)
- Impedance/Tympanometry evaluation (to rule out middle ear pathology)
- Otoacoustic emission testing (to differentiate between sensory and neural pathology)
- Auditory brainstem evoked response testing (ABR, BAER, frequency specific and ASSR) to determine hearing threshold or rule out retrocochloear pathology
- Electronystagmography (computerized ENG testing to rule out vestibular problems)
- Hearing aid evaluation/screening
- Newborn hearing screening and diagnostic audiological follow-up testing (licensed type C communication disorders center)
The Audiology department is located on the east side of the GAMC Campus in Physical Medicine and Rehab. For further information, contact us at (818) 409-8071.
Return to Physical Medicine & Rehab home