Orthopedic Services at Glendale Adventist Medical Center in Glendale, CA, offers multiple total joint replacement surgery for people who require replacement of both knee and/or hip joints. The advantages of this option are many, including:
- Preparation for and recovery from only one surgery instead of two, resulting in a typically lower overall complication rate
- A shorter hospital stay and lower total cost than if replacements are performed separately
Candidates for Multiple Joint Replacement
The ideal candidate for multiple joint replacement should meet the following criteria:
- Good physical condition
- No cardiac, pulmonary or vascular diseases
- Severe pain in both joints that interferes with the activities of daily living
- Signs of joint damage on x-rays of both joints
To learn more or to get a referral to a GAMC orthopedic surgeon, call (818) 409-8100.
|GAMC Orthopedic Services is located in the city of Glendale, CA, 15 minutes away from downtown Los Angeles, and serves the surrounding communities (Pasadena, Burbank, San Fernando Valley, Santa Clarita Valley, Ventura County, Orange County, Antelope Valley and Inland Empire).