Medical Student Clerkships
Family Medicine is a specialty within the field of medicine that promotes comprehensive, continuous care. It emphasizes preventive medicine; helps to care for both the physical and emotional needs of the family unit and is interested in community health.
We are a rotation site for LLU, USC, UCLA. Students in their third and fourth years rotate here. Fourth year applicants from other programs will be considered on a competitive basis for spots that are available after schedules arrive from the other schools, usually late spring. To apply for these spots, please send all board scores, transcripts and personal statement
Clerkships are usually four weeks in duration, although we will occasionally accept two weeks. Unless specially arranged, fourth year medical students will not be accepted after February of their fourth year.
- The city of Glendale is centrally located between Burbank, Hollywood and Pasadena
- Glendale Adventist Medical Center is a major, private teaching community hospital
- The Family Medicine Residency Program is affiliated with Loma Linda University
- Rotation focus: teaching ambulatory medicine
- Patient care in our Family Medicine Center is supervised by faculty and residents
- Daily specialty clinics and conferences
- Weekly student conferences with faculty
- Optional private community family physician experience
- Optional inpatient family medicine service
- Weekly pharmacology conference with faculty PharmD
- NO NIGHT OR WEEKEND CALL
If you are interested in applying to the Family Medicine Medical Student Clerkship at Glendale Adventist Medical Center, please contact Anna Arutyunyan at email@example.com or (818) 500-5594.