People suffering from knee or hip pain who desire a restoration of lifestyle, minimized surgery, reduced pain and rapid recovery may benefit from MAKOplasty® Partial Knee Resurfacing or Total Hip Arthroplasty, performed at Glendale Adventist Medical Center. These innovative treatment options are for adults suffering from degenerative joint disease such as osteoarthritis (OA) in the hip or knee and potentially offer the following benefits:
- Optimal implant placement
- Enhanced stability and mobility of the joint
- A rapid relief from pain and return to daily activities
Additionally, partial knee resurfacing patients enjoy:
- Precise resurfacing of only the arthritic portion of the knee
- Healthy tissue and bone preservation
- A more natural feeling knee following surgery
- A more rapid recovery and shorter hospital stay than traditional total knee replacement surgery
MAKOplasty® is powered by the RIO® Robotic Arm Interactive Orthopedic System, which allows for consistently reproducible precision in performing partial knee resurfacing or total hip arthroplasty. Using surgical planning and execution software, the RIO's digital tracking system constantly monitors and updates the patient's anatomy and enables the surgeon to make real-time adjustments during surgery for optimal implant placement.
|Learn how MAKOplasty® is changing patients' lives
As a knee or hip arthroplasty procedure, MAKOplasty® is typically covered by most Medicare-approved and private health insurers.
Learn more about MAKOplasty® with Frequently Asked Questions.
To find out if you are a candidate for the MAKOplasty® procedure, make an appointment with one of our orthopedic experts. For a free referral, call (818) 409-8100.