When inpatient or outpatient surgery is required, Glendale Adventist offers high quality, efficient and professional, compassionate care, including:
- Full spectrum of surgical care: Glendale Adventist offers surgical services for a wide range of specialties, including breast, cardiac/open heart, ear/nose/throat (ENT), general surgery, gynecology, neurology, ophthalmology (eye), orthopedic, pain management, plastic surgery, prostate, podiatry, thoracic, urology and vascular.
- State-of-the-art outpatient surgery: The Ambulatory Surgery Center at GAMC is one of the largest centers of its kind in the area, featuring four state-of-the-art operating rooms and one general procedure room. Located on the basement floor of the Lee Hughes Medical Building, the facility will allow improved patient access, faster turnaround times and easier patient registration.
- Leading-edge neurosurgery capabilities: Specialized state-of-the-art equipment and instruments, as well as highly skilled surgeons and staff, allow us to perform advanced procedures, including brain biopsies, cranial tumor surgery, aneurysm repair and more.
- Minimally invasive options: Many procedures that once required open surgery can now be done using minimally invasive options, such as robotic surgery, single incision laparoscopic surgery (SILS™) and interventional radiology.
- One-stop for your pre-operative testing: Both inpatient and outpatient surgery patients come to the Outpatient Surgery Center before their surgery to receive all necessary pre-operative testing and education, and to receive answers to all of their questions.
- Open heart orientation: Open heart surgery candidates and their families tour the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) to familiarize themselves with the unit and meet staff before their hospital stay.
- GI Lab: Offering an array of procedures, the GI Lab staff help diagnose and monitor a variety of diseases and conditions, including bladder and urinary problems and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).