For patients with terminal illness whose life expectancy is limited and curative treatments are no longer effective, Glendale Adventist Medical Center offers Adventist Health Hospice Services for end-of-life care.
The hospice team of professionals includes doctors, nurses, social workers, home health aides, therapists, clergy and volunteers who work together to establish a plan of care based on the patient's wishes. Care is given in an environment where a patient is comfortable. The hospice care service focuses on helping patients spend the time they have left with dignity and enhanced quality of life.
Adventist Health Hospice Services provides:
- 24/7 support and availability
- Spiritual support unique to spiritual needs
- Emotional support and community resources
- Occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy and nutritional counseling
- Bereavement counseling and support for family members and caregivers
- Medications related to diagnosis and symptom management
- Coordination of supplies and medical equipment
- Insurance billing services
Medicare and Medi-Cal cover all services and supplies necessary during hospice care. Some private insurance may also cover hospice care. We work closely with insurance companies to maximize patient benefits.
One of our hospice team members would be happy to discuss whether you or your loved one meets hospice criteria and how hospice could benefit your family. Call Adventist Health Hospice Services at (800) 654-4141 for more information.