About the It Takes Two to Talk Program
Glendale Adventist Medical Center's Play to Learn Center is pleased to offer the Hanen Program for Parents, It Takes Two to Talk.
It Takes Two to Talk is a program for parents of children (birth to 5) who have language delays. It Takes Two to Talk recognizes:
- The importance of involving parents in their child’s early language intervention
- The need to help children and families as early as possible in a child’s life
Studies on the It Takes Two to Talk program have shown that when parents learn to use the program’s strategies, their children’s communication skills improve. The program is led by a Hanen certified speech-language pathologist.
What Parents Learn in the It Takes Two to Talk Program:
- How your child communicates right now and the next steps to take
- What motivates your child to communicate
- How to engage your child in back and forth conversations, even before he can talk
- How to turn everyday activities into opportunities for your child to learn language
- How to fine-tune what you say so your child can understand you and learn new words and ideas
What the It Takes Two to Talk Program Offers:
- A consultation for you and your could with a Hanen certified speech-language pathologist before the program begins
- A series of informative and personal classes for small groups of parents
- Three individual consultations with your Hanen certified speech-language pathologist during which you:
- Discuss communication goals and specific strategies for your child
- Are videotaped interacting with your child during an everyday activity. This video is then reviewed and discussed with you so you can “see” what is helping and what else you can do to facilitate learning
For more information, contact the Play to Learn Center at Glendale Adventist
2560 Colorado Blvd.
Eagle Rock, CA 90041
(323) 255-1134 or Tracy.Martinez@ah.org