The GAMC Focus on Healing Program has been thoughtfully designed to provide free access to individual and group support service for any cancer survivor and their loved ones.
Everyone involved with the program works from the heart with a shared belief that together we can help make a journey with cancer more healing and less stsressful on patients and their families.
As part of the Focus on Healing Program, we offer:
- Patient orientation
- Individual counseling
- Support groups
- Creative writing/journaling
Groups and classes include:
- Brain Tumor Support Group - Third Wednesday of each month, 6:00-7:30PM
This group is open to people with primary brain tumors or brain mestastases and their families. Consists of members providing support to each other as well as occasional guest lecturers.
- Cancer Support Group - Every Wednesday, 11AM - 12:30PM
This group is for survivors at any stage of cancer, from the newly diagnosed to those with years of survivorship. Focuses on providing support and education to each other.
- Grief and Loss Support Group - Second and fourth Wednesday of every month, 6:00 - 7:30PM
This is a series of group sessions with a focus on the active process of healing from grief and loss. Please contact Cynthia for more information.
- Counseling - Short-term counseling sessions are scheduled with Cynthia Klinger, MFT, Focus on Healing coordinator, directly and are available to individuals, couples and families. Counseling can provide a variety of services such as emotional support, education, stress reduction techniques, adjustment to transitions and grief and loss support.
Cynthia Klinger, MFT, is the Focus on Healing coordinator. We encourage you to RSVP for a group by calling her at (818) 409-3530.
Return to Cancer Services home