Whether for diagnosis or treatment, Glendale Adventist's cardiac catheterization lab offers state-of-the-art services. The catheterization labs and surgical suites at Glendale Adventist have been designed to reduce x-ray dose to patients while providing physicians with the clearest images available.
Our cath lab services include the following:
Coronary Artery Disease
- Heart catheterization (angiogram, angioplasty) allows your cardiologist to see inside the vessels of your heart.
- Intravascular ultrasound gives an even more detailed picture of the heart vessels.
- Interventional radiology provides diagnosis and treatment without major surgery.
- Angiojet vacuums out clots in coronary and peripheral arteries.
- PTCA (angioplasty) and cutting balloon procedure uses a tiny inflatable balloon to move plaque build-up away and open up blocked arteries.
- Directional atherectomy collects and removes deposits that have attached to coronary artery walls.
- Stent implantation places a permanent wire mesh frame inside the artery to hold it open following angioplasty.
- Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator is implanted just below the collarbone or in the abdomen during a relatively brief procedure. This device delivers an electric shock to stabilize the heart's rhythm whenever a built-in sensor detects a dangerous arrhythmia.
Heart Arrhythmia Diagnosis and Treatment
- Electrophysiology studies help to diagnose abnormalities in the rhythm of the heart.
- Ablation cures certain types of heart rhythm problems (arrhythmias).
- Pacemaker implantation helps keep the heart rhythm steady and normal.
Video records of all Catheterization Lab procedures are stored on high-quality digital CDs, and are readily available to physicians for review, even years in the future.
|Learn more about the GAMC cath lab with Dr. Harry Balian.
For a referral to a GAMC cardiologist, or to obtain your digital cath lab procedure record, call (818) 409-8100.