Intensive movement therapy for treatment of hemiplegia
CI Therapy teaches the brain to “rewire” itself when one arm has limited functional use. It improves the quality and frequency of movement of the affected arm and hand. A removable, polyester cast is custom fabricated for the child to wear 24 hours a day, while in the program. The child participates in an intensive, daily therapy program for use of the arm & hand including activities of daily living, strength and coordination.
Constraint Induced Movement Therapy is 5 days a week, 3 hours a day for 3 weeks.
Candidates for CI Therapy
- Hemiplegia – limited use of one arm
- Cerebral palsy
- Stroke, head injury
- Brachial plexus injury
- At least 2 years old, able to follow directions
- Maintain attention for at least 15 minutes
- Able to participate in treatment for three hours with brief rest periods
Intensive momvement therapy is performed by licensed occupational therapists specializing in neurological disorders with extensive training in CI Therapy and incorporates:
- Rigorous, evidenced-based research for 30 years
- Individualized goals and program
- Parent participation
For more information contact Play to Learn Center at Glendale Adventist
2560 Colorado Blvd.
Eagle Rock, CA 90041