Ammonia poisoning 08/03/2011
Ammonia is a strong, colorless gas. If the gas is dissolved in water, it is called liquid ammonia. Poisoning may occur if you breathe in ammonia. Poisoning may also occur if you swallow or touch products that contain very large amounts of ammonia. WARNING: Never mix ammonia with bleach. This causes the release of toxic chlorine gas, which can be deadly. This is for information only and not for use in the treatment or management of an actual poison exposure. If you have an exposure, you should call your local emergency number (such as 911) or the National Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.
Aspirin overdose 01/19/2013
An overdose of aspirin means you have too much aspirin in your body. This can happen in two ways: If a person accidentally or intentionally takes a very large dose of aspirin at one time, it's called an acute overdose. If a normal daily dose of aspirin builds up in the body over time and causes symptoms, it's called a chronic overdose. This may happen if your kidneys do not work correctly or when you are dehydrated. Chronic overdoses are usually seen in older patients during hot weather.
Ibuprofen overdose 01/30/2013
Advil overdose; Nuprin overdose; PediaProfen overdose; Rufen overdose; Motrin overdose Poisonous Ingredient: Ibuprofen is sold over-the-counter and by prescription.
Laxative overdose 12/15/2011
A laxative is a medication used to produce bowel movements. Laxative overdose occurs when someone accidentally or intentionally takes more than the normal or recommended amount of this medication. Most laxative overdoses in children are accidental. However, some people abuse laxatives by regularly taking overdoses in an effort to lose weight. This is for information only and not for use in the treatment or management of an actual poison exposure. If you have an exposure, you should call your local emergency number (such as 911) or the National Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.
Lead poisoning 02/01/2013
Plumbism Where Found: Lead used to be very common in gasoline and house paint in the U.S. Children living in cities with older houses are more likely to have high levels of lead. Although gasoline and paint are no longer made with lead in them, lead is still a health problem.
Poison control center - emergency number 02/01/2013
For a POISON EMERGENCY call: 1-800-222-1222 ANYWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES This national hotline number will let you talk to experts in poisoning. This is a free and confidential service. All local poison control centers in the United States use this national number. You should call if you have any questions about poisoning or poison prevention. You can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For more information, contact the American Association of Poison Control Centers -- www.
Poison ivy - oak - sumac 12/15/2011
Poison ivy , oak, or sumac poisoning is an allergic reaction that results from touching the sap of these plants. The sap may be on the plant, in the ashes of burned plants, on an animal, or on other objects that came in contact with the plant, such as clothing, garden tools, and sports equipment. Small amounts of sap can remain under a person's fingernails for several days unless it is deliberately removed with very good cleaning. This is for information only and not for use in the treatment or management of an actual poison exposure.
1509 Wilson Terrace • Glendale, CA 91206 • Tel: 818-409-8000