At Glendale Adventist Medical Center, the battle against cancer is being won thanks to new developments in technology, treatment methods and better screening processes. In fact, five and 10-year survival rates at GAMC are higher than the national average for cancers such as breast, prostate, ovarian, uterine and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. And thanks to major advancements, heightened awareness and action focused on screening and healthy lifestyles, recent studies show that cancer rates continue to drop every year and the rates of those who die from cancer have dropped twice as fast.
Below are a few episodes forcused on cancer-related topics.
- Preventing Breast Cancer - Learn all about prevention and early detection of breast cancer.
- Prostate Cancer Screening - Learn more about the prevention and early detection of prostate cancer that can save your life.
- Breast Cancer - Learn important facts and risk factors for breast cancer with cancer experts Dr. Linh Chen and Melina Thorpe.
- Cancer Research - Watch 3 different episodes focused on breast cancer screening guidelines, clinical trials and new breast cancer treatments.
- Colon Cancer - This "silent killer" can be caught early, greatly improving recovery rates. Learn more about colon cancer screenings and treatments.
- Prostate Cancer - Learn about the screening techniques that can catch prostate cancer early as well as some new ways to treat prostate cancer.
Return to Healthline Archives