At Glendale Adventist Medical Center, the battle against cancer is being won thanks to new developments in technology, treatment methods and better screening processes. In fact, five and 10-year survival rates at GAMC are higher than the national average for cancers such as breast, prostate, ovarian, uterine and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. And thanks to major advancements, heightened awareness and action focused on screening and healthy lifestyles, recent studies show that cancer rates continue to drop every year and the rates of those who die from cancer have dropped twice as fast.
Below are a few episodes forcused on cancer-related topics. New episodes are always being filmed, so check back often to learn the latest.
- Army of Pink (Episode 2-5) - Seven men in the Glendale community are wearing pink in October. Watch how they are helping to fight cancer.
- Breast Cancer (Episode 1-9) - Learn important facts and risk factors for breast cancer with cancer experts Dr. Linh Chen and Melina Thorpe.
- Cancer Research (Episode 1-24, 1-42, 1-44) - Watch 3 different episodes focused on breast cancer screening guidelines, clinical trials, and new breast cancer treatments.
- Cancer Survivors (Episode 2-37) - Healthline celebrates cancer survivors by talking with those who have undergone or are currently in treatment. Learn how they deal with a cancer diagnosis and the different things that help them fight on.
- Colon Cancer (Episode 2-2) - This "silent killer" can be caught early, greatly improving recovery rates. Learn more about colon cancer screenings and treatments.
- Prostate Cancer (Episode 2-1) - Learn about the screening techniques that can catch prostate cancer early as well as some new ways to treat prostate cancer.
- Relay for Life (Episode 2-3) - The Glendale Relay for Life is a 24-hour community event to raise $$ and awareness about cancer. Learn how Glendale Adventist and the Glendale community participate in the fun, family event.
Return to Healthline Archives