Media Contact Information:
or (818) 800-3113 email@example.com
The 2010 Army of Pink candidates along with cancer survivors and community supporters will gather at Glendale Adventist Medical Center on Monday, Nov. 1 at 11:30 a.m. to learn who won the debut Army of Pink campaign. The campaign ran from October 1 – 26 and is being considered a huge success in the effort to educate and engage the community to learn more about breast cancer prevention and treatment options. At the close of voting, nearly 110,000 votes had been cast. For more about the campaign, visit www.GlendaleAdventist.com/armyofpink.
The program centered on the online election featuring:
· Glendale Mayor Ara Najarian
· Glendale Police Chief Ron DePompa
· Glendale Fire Chief Harold Scoggins
· Glendale Community College Board President Tony Tartaglia
· Healthline Host Gregory Zarian
· Former Glendale Mayor Larry Zarian
· Glendale Adventist Cancer Center Medical Director, Dr. Boris Bagdasarian.
· Laura Friedman, Glendale City Council member was the 2010 honorary chair (captain) of the Army campaign.
PLAQUE UNVEILING AGENDA:
11:40 Welcome from Morre Dean, Hospital CEO & President
11:42 Invocation from Al Garcilazo, Hospital Chaplain
11:45 Campaign review by Morre Dean
11:50 Morre Dean and Melina Thorpe, director of Cancer Services will give plaques to all Army of Pink Campaign candidates and thank campaign managers
11:55: Morre and Melina unveil winner (winner invited to speak).
The Army of Pink Winner/Plaque unveiling will be held on Nov. 1 at 11:30 a.m. in the Cancer Center, 381 Merrill Ave. (Building A) Glendale . The winner’s plaque will be on display in the hospital’s Cancer Center Lobby for one year
1509 Wilson Terrace • Glendale, CA 91206 • Tel: 818-409-8000