Dr. Katrina Demaris Miller and Kim Milstien of Glendale Adventist Medical Center to be honored at the 12th Annual Women in Business Legislative Update and Awards Luncheon on July 15
GLENDALE, CA -- July 12, 2011 -- State Senator Carol Liu (D-La Canada Flintridge) and Assemblymembers Mike Gatto (D-Los Angeles) and Anthony Portantino (D-La Canada Flintridge) will honor 21 outstanding businesswomen and community activists at the 12th annual Women in Business Legislative Update and Awards Luncheon on Friday, July 15 at the Castaways in Burbank, located at 1250 Harvard Road in Burbank. Welcome remarks and legislative update will begin at 11:30 AM, lunch at Noon, keynote address at 12:15 PM, awards at 12:30 PM and closing remarks at 1:30 PM.
Nominations were accepted in a variety of categories for women who have contributed to the economic vitality and quality of life in the three legislative districts.
Katrina Demaris Miller, MD, Family Practice of Glendale Adventist Medical Center won the Science & Technology category.
Kim Milstien, Vice President and Executive in charge of Business Development for Glendale Adventist Medical Center won the award for Outstanding Corporate Woman.
Women in Business celebrates women who have contributed to the greater good of the region by advancing business, creating new jobs and serving the community. These women are role models for their communities and co-workers. Nominees must live or work in one of the appropriate legislative districts that stretch from Burbank, Glendale and La Cañada Flintridge to Pasadena, South Pasadena, Temple City, Arcadia, Monrovia, and Duarte and includes all or parts of communities in Los Angeles (Atwater Village, Franklin Hills, Silver Lake, and Los Feliz) and the San Fernando Valley (Van Nuys, Toluca Lake, North Hollywood, and Valley Glen).
"Dr. Miller has contributed so much to Glendale Adventist Medical Center and the community," said Morre Dean, president and CEO of Glendale Adventist Medical Center. "Through her education of residents and pursuit of technological advances in medicine, she has made a tremendous difference both in the scientific and technology fields throughout this community."
"Kim is an excellent example of the Outstanding Corporate Woman," said Dean. Her leadership has greatly impacted the hospital and the community. "She is passionate about the well being of the community and influences people through her hard work and stewardship."
Other Honorees Include:
- Outstanding Small Businesswoman - Liza Boubari, Heal Within, Glendale
Outstanding Small Businesswoman - Celeste Licea, Platinum Home Financing, Glendale
- Outstanding Small Businesswoman - Jackie Horrick, Alternative Outfitters, Pasadena
- Outstanding Corporate Woman - Kim Milstien, Business Development, Glendale Adventist Medical Center
- Outstanding Non-Profit Executive Directors - Dale Gorman, Kids Community Dental Clinic, Burbank
- Outstanding Non-Profit Executive Directors - Jennifer DeVoll, Pasadena Community Foundation
- Outstanding Non-Profit Executive Directors - Mary Donnelly-Crocker, Young & Healthy, Pasadena
- Tami Ginsburg Award - Elizabeth Bagwell, City of Hope, Duarte
- Tami Ginsburg Award - Roubina Der Sarkissian, Glenoaks Escrow, Glendale
- Outstanding Non-Profit Employee - Nicola Keller, Villa Esperanza Services, Pasadena
- Outstanding Non-Profit Employee - Rev. Zelda Kennedy, All Saints Church, Pasadena
- Outstanding Junior Businesswoman - Melissa Tyson, DVM, Crown City Veterinary, Pasadena
- Empowerment Award - Doreen Garcia, Casa de las Amigas, Pasadena
- Empowerment Award - Robin Goldsworthy, Crescenta Valley Weekly,
- Empowerment Award - Dr. Melissa Johnson, Institute for Girls' Development, Pasadena
- Most Inspirational Award - Dr. Thelma Reyna, author, Pasadena
- Woman in Science & Technology - Dr. Katrina Demaris Miller, Family Practice of Glendale Adventist Medical Center
- Woman in Arts & Entertainment - Susan Bray, Eagle Rock Music Studio
- Woman in Arts & Entertainment - Claire Roche, Miss Claire's Music & Dance for Kids, South Pasadena
- Woman in Environment/Energy Efficiency - Seri McClendon, Clean Agency, South Pasadena
- Woman in Environment/Energy Efficiency - Diana Schultz, Cyber-Rain, La Canada Flintridge
For further information, please contact:
Office of Senator Liu at 818. 409.0400 or www.senate.ca.gov/liu
Office of Asm. Gatto at 818. 558.3043 or www.asm.ca.gov/gatto
Office of Asm. Portantino at 626.577.9944 or www.asm.ca.gov/portantino