Part of the Sports Medicine program at Glendale Adventist Medical Center in Glendale, CA, the Athletic Trainer Program reaches out to the Glendale community with a team of athletic trainers with special skills in physical therapy. In addition to the care they provide to hospital patients, Glendale Adventist's athletic trainers each spend 10 hours per week providing training services for student athletes in our local schools.
These services allow young athletes to fully engage in the sports of their choice, while giving parents, coaches and others the peace of mind that a sports medicine professional is nearby to help when and if they are needed.
Athletic trainers provide a wide range of services, including:
- Assessing and evaluating athletes
- Applying functional taping, wrapping, bracing and supports
- Educating athletes, parents and coaches in injury prevention and safety
- Providing on-site management of minor injuries
- Maintaining appropriate communication with team physicians
In addition, Glendale Adventist's Sports Medicine program provides low-cost, pre-season physicals for school athletes from around our community and surrounding areas.
To learn more about the Athletic Trainer Program at GAMC, call (818) 409-8100.