Aquatic Therapy provided at the indoor therapy pool of the Rehabilitation Institute at Glendale Adventist Medical Center offers:
- Full-size pool
- Water is maintained at a warm temperature
- Buoyancy to unweight the joints and relax tissues
- For non ambulatory patients there is a poolside lift
- Conditions that may benefit from Aquatic Therapy are:
- Herniated discs
- Degenerative changes to the spine
- Chronic pain syndromes
- Individuals who have undergone total joint replacement
The independent pool program provides a safe environment for exercise, putting a minimum of stress on joints. This is an ideal program for people with musculoskeletal or arthritic conditions.
New participants must have a physician's prescription, one evaluation with a physical therapist at the Therapy & Wellness Center and a minimum of two aquatic physical therapy training sessions.
Classes are offered at the following days and times:
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
12:00PM - 1:00 PM
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Monday - Thursday
5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Cost: $6 per session
For more information on this class, call (323) 255-5409.