You deserve exceptional care. That’s why the doctors at the Glendale Adventist Advanced Surgical Program are redefining the art of medicine. The Advanced Surgical Program at Glendale Adventist offers minimally invasive and no scar surgery options, for a faster recovery and better outcome.
The program includes:
- Advanced robotics - Experts use the da Vinci robot at Glendale Adventist.
- SILSTM (single incision laparoscopic surgery) - Also known as "No Scar" surgery or "Belly Button" Surgery because the incision is concealed in the belly button.
- MAKOplasty® - Enjoy faster recovery with this state-of-the-art treatment for knee osteoarthritis.
- TIF (transoral incisionless fundoplication) - Incisionless surgery for acid reflux.
- Cyberknife - Robotic radiosurgery designed to treat tumors throughout the body.
At Glendale Adventist, these surgical techniques are a preferred surgical method for the treatment of many conditions. Unlike open surgery, which requires a long incision, advanced robotics and no scar surgery is performed through one or more very tiny incisions. These smaller incisions allow patients to experience less post-operative pain, shorter hospital stays, faster recovery and often, a better overall outcome.
The Advanced Surgergical Program at GAMC provides options for many procedures, including:
- Adrenal Gland surgery
- Appendectomy (Appendix removal)
- Bilateral Tubal Ligation (getting your tubes tied)
- Bile Duct surgery
- Colectomy (Colon resection)
- Cholecystectomy (Gall Bladder removal)
- Hernia repair
- Heartburn/GERD treatment (the TIF - Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication for treatment of acid reflux)
- Kidney surgery
- Liver surgery
- Tumor removals
- and many more...
- Sam Carvajal, MD, is the world's most experienced SILSTM surgeon. As one of the pioneers of SILSTM, he was the first surgeon in the world to perform a gall bladder removal using flexible scopes and specially designed SILSTM instruments through a tiny incision in the belly button.
- John Kirk, MD, medical director of Robotic Surgery at Glendale Adventist, is one of the foremost robotic surgeons in the country. He serves as proctor and lecturer for the developer of the DaVinci Robotic Surgery platform and was the co-founder of one of California's first robotic gynecologic and minimally invasive surgery centers.
Discover the future of surgery! Learn more about how surgeons at Glendale Adventist are changing the way surgery is performed...
For a referral to a Glendale Adventist surgeon, call (818) 409-8100.